Thursday 20 August 2020

Global Trade

Today arrives a tiny parcel A man in a van drives to my door He posts it through. It is from China A necklace worth three US dollars From number three Yanhe Road Elephant Kok T Origin village Nanhung Street hexi D district There is a telephone number. Small packet by air Guaranteed to contain nothing dangerous or prohibited. Chinese characters Necklace in Chinese A month ago Late at night Browsing my ipad In bed Alone I chose a necklace Blue beads One yellow, one pink, one purple, one red And a green one One metal butterfly Two fish Tiny metal flowers It's perfectly sweet I put it on Happy Some Chinese hands assembled it. A person I hope paid decently Thousands of miles it travels to me. Only profitable because - measured by cost of living We are a wealthy country - they a poorer one.

1 comment: